Worms: Armageddon - Playstation 1
Worms: Armageddon is a standalone expansion to Worms 2, introducing extensive improvements and additions over the original game, among which are:
- 16 new weapons and 6 new utilities, with some existing ones changed or rebalanced (3 were removed entirely)
- new singleplayer campaigns and challenges
- new gameplay schemes, some of which have to be unlocked through campaign missions (certain weapons are only available in some of these schemes)
- new menu interface, sounds, voice banks, and music
- new predefined maps
- expanded map editor, included voice bank editor (the latter is a separate application)
- teams can now have custom representative flags, victory anthems, and gravestones
- each team is assigned a special weapon of choice - Holy Hand Grenade, Flamethrower, Mad Cows, or Old Lady
- AI-controlled teams now have one of five difficulty settings
- jumping controls updated so worms can jump backwards and do backflips
- instead of selecting a worm at the start of each turn, this option is now regarded as a utility and usually has a limited number of uses
Like the previous Worms installments, the game is an artillery variant. The player give an artillery piece a shot angle and shot power, and try to hit the opponent, taking into account wind effects. The player and the opponent exchange these shots in a turn-based fashion. The game puts the player in command of a team of up to eight worms, which can move around the landscape (one at a time), using many types of weapons to try to dispatch the enemy, from bazookas to mini-guns to exploding sheep. In some situations, the worms can also jump, swing by rope, and descend with a parachute.
Disclaimer: The product images shown are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product received.