Astroneer - Nintendo Switch
Explore and reshape distant worlds! Astroneer is set during a 25th century gold rush where players must explore the frontiers of outer space, risking their lives in harsh environments for the chance of striking it rich.
On this adventure, a player’s most useful tool is their ability to shape their world, altering the terrain and extracting valuable resources from planets, and moons. Resources can be traded or crafted into new tools, vehicles, and modules to create everything from massive industrial bases to mobile rover bases.
- Reshape terrain as though it were made of Play-Doh.
- Survive on and explore procedurally generated planets that can be entirely deformed and traversed.
- Build vehicles and travel to new planets and moons.
- Snap together components and objects to create custom vehicles and modules.
- 4 player online drop-in/drop-out co-op.
What does this mean? It means that Astroneer is still very early in to its development. We've designed Astroneer from the ground-up to be a game that is developed in Early Access. When you first play the game, you will notice that the core gameplay is there but that we have a lot of work ahead of us. In addition to the features mentioned above, here's what you can expect of a game like Astroneer that is in pre-alpha:
- Core gameplay and features implemented (see above bullet points).
- Lost save games
- Unstable multiplayer experience
If you think our core gameplay is compelling enough to want to support Astroneer while its still in pre-alpha, we'd love to have your support. Otherwise, we recommend waiting until Astroneer is out of PRE-alpha and in an alpha state where the game is more stable and gameplay and content is further along. We're committed to making Astroneer the best it can be and including you this early in to its development is a crucial step that that.
If you're curious about the direction we're aiming to take Astroneer in, be sure to check out our road map.